Thursday, December 9, 2010

I haven't kept a record of our lives in the last time.... I have been so busy... so happy, so chaotic, so selfish....
The kids are great.. as always growing and learning every day ... after my last log feeling so overwhelmed by life in general...I understood that I have to keep growing in what I love and don't feel so overwhelmed by the house not being "clean".... I have to accept myself with my own limitations... and let's face it... cleaning and organizing is not my strength... I would LOVE to be like those mamas with perfect homeshooling blogs... so organized, with "workboxes systems" and schedules and routines guided by classic music and candles....but my life is far away of being like that.... we are messy and loud !!!... but some how I see how kids bring peace inside and even if they are not growing surrounded by wooden toys, calming colors and fairy tales...they find and share peace and love so easily....
My kids are awesome!!... loud... crazy some times... but awesome!...so compassionate ...to other kids and nature.... the last month I have been focusing in growing in my knowledge of herbal medicine.. I love this so much... and I really needed to feel that I was "really focusing" on this..I have been reading, I am taking two online courses , making more herbal medicines, creating new herbal blends.. I am working in 2 herbal consultations....and I prepared an herbal class to teach.......my house is FULL with jars and jars with herbs and concoctions.....The kids are so interested in what I am doing that somehow I see how they are learning what herbs to use in different situations and what are the flavors of different herbs, etc It is so sweet ...so simple. And now I have charged batteries and a heart full of good ideas for my kids and myself.... so funny... I though I needed a vacation, but what I needed was to focus on myself for a bit....Vincent has been asking to do meditations with me and reiki... so I'm thinking about growing in that with him too...

Today is Dec 9th and we just set up our $10 Christmas tree... I had no "Christmas spirit" until today... and seriously this tree is so ugly!!... but we took it out of the attic and the kids "jumped" with joy and to decorate it.. Oh dear! they are so sweet!... the did it ALL by themselves, even the lights... we have the cheapest thing.... I have like 5 decoration for inside of the house , (also from goodwill) and that's it...so after observing this wonderful kids being so happy with so little, I got inspired to have a weekend of "bringing the Christmas spirit home" haha!.. I just presented an herbal class yesterday , so my mind can go back to my normal state.... ah! I am tired... getting a cold... but I'm so excited of staying at home for the weekend , making cookies, ginger bread, decorations , etc, etc....
Let's see what happens .. for now... to sleep!


2 comments:

  1. hi there cote!

    i remember you from the conference! it was so nice meeting you and i'm glad you commented on my blog so i could find you. i know exactly how you feel about not being organized and being overwhelmed with housework and homeschooling and all...i too have been learning to just let it go and worry about the important things. if the kids are happy then it's all good, right?!

    thank you for commenting. i hope to bump into you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you!....yes.. exactly!..if the kids "and us" are happy.... the rest is totally secondary...
    How far are you from Chicago?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails